Saturday, March 7, 2015

Ella Fitzgerald: the Rogers and Hart Song Book Vol. 2



Going through some records today on this lazy Saturday.  Mostly lazy because I'm shirking all sorts of responsibilities and tasks that I really should be doing.  Listening to Ella singing some of the greatest songs ever written reminds me that every once in a blue moon I should really slow down and just be human for a little while.  It also reinforces my rationale for visiting thrift stores and coming home with $.25 gold in dusty, basementy smelling piles of mildewed records needing a bit of cleaning, some new record sleeves and plastic protectors.  I just spent 45 minutes in  a different place, a different time and I didn't even leave my couch except to get this laptop.  The song I was looking most forward to on here?  Blue Moon.  Nobody sings it like Ella... nobody.  

No comments:

Post a Comment